Friday, May 8, 2009

Full Flower Moon Dreamboard

FULL FLOWER MOON

Full Flower Moon Dreamboard



I'm excited to finally be participating in the Full Moon Dreamboard posts! In keeping with the name of this month's full moon, our heavenly host, Jamie Ridler, has asked us to visualize what we want to flower abundantly in our life this month.

Some time ago, in a post far away, I mentioned that I have strange and unpleasant dreams. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed one. Most nights, I'll doze in front of my laptop a few minutes here, a few minutes there and stay up until midnight or later, waking up at 5:15 a.m. During those hours in the dreamworld, I'm usually either on a quest or running from something or someone. I'm never really sure who that person is but I know they want to harm me in some way, emotionally or physically. My task in these dreams is to find a particular object or person. While most of these quests or escapes are set outdoors, houses and buildings are almost always an important prop.

Most people look forward to sinking back in their comfy beds after a long, busy day allowing Morpheus to have his way with them, but I truly prefer to encounter my dreams during the day when I have some measure of control. The soft, comfy bed is kinda nice, though.

What I want to flower abundantly this month is a practice of visualizing pleasant scenarios and locations before going to sleep in an effort to direct where my dreams will take me. I long to look forward to those hours in dreamland.

NOTE: This was posted before Jamie's Full Moon Dreamboard post and I took her question from her newsletter. In her actual post, she also asks What seeds will you plant this month?

Along with recreating my garden, I would like to sow seeds of contentment. I know there are others like me who love and and enjoy their lives and the people in it but are always thinking there's something still needed to make them truly happy. Maybe that something or someone is God, maybe it is something else.

I am NOT saying we shouldn't have wishes and dreams, long for a partner, plan a new career or work toward equality, justice and an end to hunger. I'm saying that while we are doing those things, we should appreciate where we are in our lives and discern what our purpose is at any given moment. I truly believe there is a purpose for our circumstance; that we can find something in our situation to hang on to and work with, no matter how difficult.

I have found that always looking to the future and not living in the present can be destructive. It can eat at you and breed hopelessness.

Let us wish our wishes, dream our dreams, search for hidden treasures and pray for the answers. And while we're doing that, let's also be thankful for our blessings and content in our situation knowing that it is where we are supposed to be right now. Perhaps it is where we need to be in order to get to where we're going.

P.S. I'm sorry if that sounded preachy. I just felt compelled to talk about this because it has been an issue for me for many years and I hate to think of others always feeling that churning in their gut, that frustration that what they're looking for (even if they don't know what that is) is forever just out of reach.

Many blessings to you all!

10 comments:

  1. Sleep isn't something I like to talk about...LOL I get in trouble for the lack of hours I invest in it. Seems to be a waste of time if you ask me. LOL

    Dreams--nothing I get to remember today. But wow did I enjoy the quilt of pictures.
    Well....looks like a quilt....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your dreams are very imaginative and exciting. Did you know that you can change your dream while in the dream? The quest part is fun; the being chased part, not so much, but you can be a superhero and slay the dragon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *I am NOT saying we shouldn't have wishes and dreams, long for a partner, plan a new career or work toward equality, justice and an end to hunger. I'm saying that while we are doing those things, we should appreciate where we are in our lives and discern what our purpose is at any given moment.*

    I totally Agree! I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely delicious dreamboard! A great inspirational array of images to support your new before-bed practice.

    Here's to beautiful dreams and sowing seeds that are watered with gratitude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dreamboard. And I like what you wrote as well (didn't sound preachy to me at all)
    I used to have those chase dreams all the time - they went away for me. I hope they go away for you as well - soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your full moon dream board sampler. What a great way to incorporate all of your dreams. I am with you - before I begin thinking about my dreams and goals, I start from a place of gratitude. It is from this place that I find I'm filled with happiness and strength. This place of peace makes discovering my dreams more potent. May you find peace and contentment each day this month and in the many months to come.

    {soul hugs}
    Kathryn, Collage Diva

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dream board. It is so very cool.

    May your seeds sprout wings, dear, and may you rest when you sleep, without fear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're not preachy at all! You're sharing with us your wise words and you got it so right! :D

    And may your dreamboard come trus! Blessed be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. May all your dreamboard wishes come to you -- and even more lovely miracles of dreaming than can be imagined, too!

    Don't know if it would help at all or not, but I use my iPod sometimes right before I go to sleep. Will listen to an iDose recording or a guided visualization of something dreamy. Just thought to share :)

    Your dreamboard image is just lovely, too! And here's to appreciating every moment we have, exactly where we are!
    miracles,
    k-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They certainly brighten my day!