Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sacred Life Sunday - Me Time

Orange Sunrise by Petr Kratochvil

Sacred.

One definition: Reverently dedicated to some person, purpose,
or object: a morning hour sacred to study.

I love my men, my husband and son, but everyone needs a little time to themselves.

On the weekends that my husband works and my son is with his dad, I get a good 7 or 8 hours to myself. I always look forward to this time and dream about the creative projects I can work on and hopefully complete. The problem is, I rarely get to those projects.

I usually end up either out at the shops or planted on the couch with one or both kitties curled up on my chest. I don't usually watch much T.V. so when I have the time to myself, I like to watch a few hours of HGTV or a chick flick that my husband might not appreciate. I know I should be writing or drawing or even doing laundry or cleaning the house.

I guess I just really need that down time of doing nothing.

The absolute best part is when I come home after dropping my husband off at work to an almost empty house (kitties are home). I've secured my latte and banana bread and can now enjoy them while I catch up on emails and check out my favorite blogs. It's wonderful thinking about the day ahead when I can do everything or nothing. It's time to push away the guilt and just enjoy the day.


2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    You have a great blog. Love the images and the thoughtfulness.

    Best wishes,

    Skeeter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh.......what a gorgeous sunrise....

    Every day I have structured G-d time. Usually, himself is snoring through it. LOL But it's time for me to just BE....and it's awesome.
    Creative time comes and goes in waves--we both take time to tinker and putter and play.

    I admit it--I'm an experienced player. :-)

    I also admit I suck at 'lounging around'.

    Maybe I oughta practice that! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They certainly brighten my day!